- New: Fq12: The Finite Fields conference 2015 will take place at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs (State of New York), July 13-17, 2015.
- New: Fq11 Proceedings: Every speaker is invited to submit a paper to the proceedings of fq11, which will appear in the series "Contemporary Mathematics" of the AMS. Your paper should be related to your talk at the meeting. Please submit your paper no later than November 1st, 2013 to one of the editors Gohar M. Kyureghyan, Gary Mullen (preferably), Alexander Pott. If you have questions, please contact any of the editors.
- New: Slides of talks are partially available right now.
- New: Conference photos: small one, big one.
- Technical Program (updated: July 10th).
- You may find the abstracts of the plenary and the contributed talks here (updated: July 1st).
- July 22-26, 2013.
The conference will take place at the Otto-von-Guericke University in Magdeburg, Germany, during the week of July 22-26.
All participants who wish to contribute a talk of 20 minutes are invited to submit an abstract of at most 1 page before May 15, 2013. You can expect to receive a response within one week of the date of submission.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Theory: structure of finitie fields, primitive elements, normal bases, polynomials, number-theoretic aspects of finite fields, character sums, function fields.
- Computation: algorithms and complexity, polynomial factorization, decomposition and irreducibility testing, sequences and functions.
- Applications: algebraic coding theory, cryptography, algebraic geometry over finite fields, finite incidence geometry, designs, combinatorics, quantum information science.
Call for Papers
- Poster (PDF-file)
- Anne CANTEAUT (INRIA, France)
- Xiangdong HOU (University of South Florida, USA)
- Sophie HUCZYNSKA (University of St Andrews, UK)
- Nicholas KATZ (Princeton University, USA)
- Daniel PANARIO (Carleton University, Canada)
- Henning STICHTENOTH (Sabanci University, Turkey)
- Christopher UMANS (California Institute of Technology, USA)
- Geertrui VAN DE VOORDE (Ghent Univeristy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium)
- Arne WINTERHOF (RICAM, Austria)
Every speaker will be invited to submit an original paper related to the presented talk to the conference proceedings, to be published by the American Mathematical Society (AMS) in the contemporary mathematics (CONM) book series. All submissions will be strictly refereed. The deadline for submission is Nov. 1, 2013.
|Daniel Augot||Gohar Kyureghyan||Gary Mullen|
|Harald Niederreiter||Alina Ostafe||Ferruh Özbudak|
|Alexander Pott (Chair)||Igor Shparlinski||Leo Storme|
|Fq 10, 2011: Ghent (Belgium)||Fq 9, 2009: Dublin (Ireland)||Fq 8, 2007: Melbourne (Australia)|
|Fq 7, 2003: Toulouse (France)||Fq 6, 2001: Oaxaca (Mexico)||Fq 5, 1999: Augsburg (Germany)|
|Fq 4, 1997: Waterloo (Canada)||Fq 3, 1995: Glasgow (Scotland)||Fq 2, 1993: Las Vegas (USA)|
|Fq 1, 1991: Las Vegas (USA)|
Telephone: +49 (0)391 67 18663
Telefax: +49 (0)391 67 12758