- Funding application until: May 13, 2013.
- Abstract submission until: May 15, 2013.
- Registration until: May 31, 2013.
- Conference: July 22-26, 2013.
There is a limited amount of partial funding for young participants, with priority to PhD students. Those who wish to ask for support must have an abstract accepted for presentation at fq11 and should send their CV and an application, stating the financial support needed as well as other available sources for funding, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is May 13, 2013.
The conference will take place at the Otto-von-Guericke University in Magdeburg, Germany, during the week of July 22-26.
All participants who wish to contribute a talk of 20 minutes are invited to submit an abstract of at most 1 page before May 15, 2013. You can expect to receive a response within one week of the date of submission.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Theory: structure of finitie fields, primitive elements, normal bases, polynomials, number-theoretic aspects of finite fields, character sums, function fields.
- Computation: algorithms and complexity, polynomial factorization, decomposition and irreducibility testing, sequences and functions.
- Applications: algebraic coding theory, cryptography, algebraic geometry over finite fields, finite incidence geometry, designs, combinatorics, quantum information science.
Call for Papers
- Poster (PDF-file)
- Anne CANTEAUT (INRIA, France)
- Xiangdong HOU (University of South Florida, USA)
- Sophie HUCZYNSKA (University of St Andrews, UK)
- Nicholas KATZ (Princeton University, USA)
- Daniel PANARIO (Carleton University, Canada)
- Henning STICHTENOTH (Sabanci University, Turkey)
- Christopher UMANS (California Institute of Technology, USA)
- Geertrui VAN DE VOORDE (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium)
- Arne WINTERHOF (RICAM, Austria)
Every speaker will be invited to submit an original paper related to the presented talk to the conference proceedings, to be published by the American Mathematical Society (AMS) in the contemporary mathematics (CONM) book series. All submissions will be strictly refereed. The deadline for submission is Nov. 1, 2013.
|Daniel Augot||Gohar Kyureghyan||Gary Mullen|
|Harald Niederreiter||Alina Ostafe||Ferruh Özbudak|
|Alexander Pott (Chair)||Igor Shparlinski||Leo Storme|
|Fq 10, 2011: Ghent (Belgium)||Fq 9, 2009: Dublin (Ireland)||Fq 8, 2007: Melbourne (Australia)|
|Fq 7, 2003: Toulouse (France)||Fq 6, 2001: Oaxaca (Mexico)||Fq 5, 1999: Augsburg (Germany)|
|Fq 4, 1997: Waterloo (Canada)||Fq 3, 1995: Glasgow (Scotland)||Fq 2, 1993: Las Vegas (USA)|
|Fq 1, 1991: Las Vegas (USA)|
Telephone: +49 (0)391 67 18663
Telefax: +49 (0)391 67 12758