The historic city of Magdeburg
is located in the center of Germany.
- There are two airports in Berlin: Airport Tegel and Airport Schönefeld.
- From Airport Tegel to Magdeburg, take bus line X9 to the railway station "Berlin Zoologischer Garten" (about 20 minutes),
then take a train to Magdeburg (1 hour 35 minutes).
- From Airport Schönefeld to Magdeburg it takes about 2.5 hours by train (with at least one transfer).
- The closest airport to Magdeburg is Airport Leipzig-Halle,
from which there is a direct train to Magdeburg (about 1 hour).
- Airport Hannover is also not far away from Magdeburg.
You need to take local transport to transfer to the main railway station of Hannover. A direct train to Magdeburg takes 1 hour 20 minutes.
Airport Frankfurt to Magdeburg it takes about 4 hours by train (with at least 1 transfer).
Train tickets and information
Train tickets can be booked online at the official website of Deutsche Bahn
Information (updated with additional information for car drivers on July
- The conference will be held on the
main campus (Campus am Universitätsplatz) of Otto-von-Guericke University in Magdeburg.
- Campus maps: